Riverside Rollover Car Accident Attorneys
Riverside Personal Injury Lawyers at Bisnar Chase have a long and successful track record of representing seriously and catastrophically injured clients.
We hold at-fault parties be it negligent drivers or manufacturers of defective vehicles accountable for the injuries and losses sustained by the victims. If you or a loved one has been injured in a Riverside rollover accident, please contact us right away to discuss your legal options.
Call us now at 951-530-3711 now for a Free Case Review and Consultation. We will help you answer all your tough questions and help you take legal action if you are entitled to compensation.
What Is A Rollover Accident?
A rollover accident occurs when a vehicle tips over to its side or completely overturns. This type of a crash can be extremely dangerous because it often results in catastrophic or fatal injuries.
Even victims who survive Riverside rollover accidents suffer major injuries such as bone fractures, neck injuries, traumatic brain injuries and spinal cord injuries that result in permanent physical disabilities.
These types of injuries can affect not only the lives of the injured victims, but also their family members.
Rollover Crash Statistics
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), rollover crashes account for about a third of all passenger fatalities. In fact, there are over 280,000 rollovers resulting in approximately 10,000 traffic deaths each year in the United States.
You can certainly reduce your chances of being fatally injured in a rollover by wearing a seatbelt. Passengers who are properly buckled are 75 percent less likely to sustain fatal injuries in a rollover.
Rollovers Involving Vehicle Defects
In addition to negligent drivers, rollover accidents are commonly caused by auto defects as well. Rollover crashes could be caused by:
- Tire defects
- Brake problems
- Poor vehicle design
- Steering failure
- Vehicle stalling issues
When safety features fail during a rollover crash, serious injuries can occur. For example, if an airbag fails to deploy in a violent rollover crash, the vehicle's occupants will not be protected and are likely to suffer major traumatic injuries. If a seat belt fails, the vehicle's occupants could get partially or fully ejected. If a seat belt collapses during a rollover collision, serious or catastrophic injuries could occur.
There are a number of ways in which you can reduce your chances of being injured or killed in a Riverside rollover accident.
- Mind your speed. In addition to obeying the speed limit, it is advisable to slow down while making turns and in wet conditions. Speed could cause drivers to lost control of their vehicles.
- Stay focused. A sudden jerk of the wheel can cause your vehicle to tip over. Distracted drivers sometimes fail to notice changes in traffic and roadway conditions that could have been avoided. If a distracted driver looks up at the last moment, he or she may try to jerk the wheel, resulting in a rollover.
- Stay sober and alert. Drowsy and intoxicated drivers are more likely to let their vehicles drift off the roadway. Many rollover accidents occur after a car leaves the roadway when the driver attempts to turn back into traffic.
- Choose the right vehicle. Top-heavy vehicles are more likely to tip over in an accident. This is why so many rollovers involve large SUVs, passenger vans, minivans and pickups. Many SUVs have been redesigned to make them wider and lower to the ground, but they are still more likely to roll during an accident than smaller passenger cars.
- Avoid debris. Some rollovers result from debris on the roadway. It is dangerous to strike large debris or to jerk your wheel to avoid debris. Try to make slow, measured turns to avoid hazardous conditions and report roadway debris to the authorities.
- Wear a seatbelt. During a rollover, the momentum of the occupants will continue. Those who are not secured inside the vehicle can get partially or completely ejected. Ejection injuries are often catastrophic or fatal because the victim undergoes trauma during the initial crash, when crashing into the window and when striking the ground.
- Inspect your vehicle. Having properly inflated tires and well maintained brakes will reduce your chances of getting involved in a rollover crash.
- Obey traffic signs. Rollovers involving multiple vehicles often result from broadside collisions. If you yield the right-of-way at intersections and obey traffic control devices, you are less likely to be involved in a T-bone accident.
If You Have Been Injured In A Riverside Rollover Accident
If you have been hurt in a rollover accident, it is important that you remain calm and notify the authorities. Seek medical attention right away and gather as much information as possible from the scene of the crash.
Injured victims should consult a Riverside Rollover Car Accident Lawyer and can seek compensation from the at-fault parties for damages including:
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Pain and suffering
- Lost future income
- Emotional distress
- Loss of consortium
Don't hesitate any longer. Contact our award-winning Riverside Rollover Car Accident Attorneys at 951-530-3711 for a Free Consultation.