Car Accident Lawyers in Los Angeles
Driving is a casual activity most people are comfortable with, feel safe and think nothing of, but Los Angeles car accident lawyers know otherwise. Driving to work, picking the kids up from school, picking up groceries, road trips and practically anything you can think of. The aspect that is overlooked is the fact that these vehicles we use for daily transportation and recreation are giant pieces of metal that are very heavy, very dangerous and can cause catastrophic damage.
If you have been injured in a car accident, contact Bisnar Chase injury attorney in Los Angeles. For immediate assistance and free consultation, call (323) 238-4683.
Situations That Can Result in a Car Accident in LA
Throughout the last five years, an average of just over 600 people were killed in motor vehicle accidents in a variety of situations:
- Alcohol and drug impaired driving
- Using a digital device
- Texting, phone calls, social media, emails, etc.
- Auto defects and mechanical errors
- Sudden road hazards and dangerous road conditions
- Roadway departure
- Intersection related
- Falling asleep
- Rear endings
- Running stop signs and red lights
- Single vehicle, passenger cars, truck accident
- Looking away from the road for too long
- Other distracting activities while driving
The experienced car accident lawyers in Los Angeles at Bisnar Chase have successfully represented those who have suffered serious or catastrophic injuries as a result of car crashes. Our goal in each and every case is to provide superior legal representation, a very high quality of customer service and to help our severely injured clients and their families seek and obtain maximum compensation for their tremendous losses.
Our dedicated and experienced accident and injury lawyers have been helping people injured in car accidents for over 40 years. We've won millions of dollars and may be able to help you too. Call the Personal Injury Law Firm of Bisnar Chase at (323) 238-4683 to find out how we can help you.
Injured in a Car Accident in Los Angeles, CA?
If you or someone you love has been injured in a motor vehicle accident, there are a number of steps you can take to ensure that your legal rights and best interests are protected:
- File a police report and make sure you get a copy for your own records.
- Get as much information as you can about other parties involved in the collision including driver's license, vehicle license plates, auto insurance policy information, contacts (telephone, address, e-mail), vehicle registration information, etc.
- Gather as much evidence as possible from the accident scene. Take photographs of the vehicles involved, damage to the vehicles and any injuries sustained. Get contact information for any eyewitnesses. If you are unable to collect this information, request a family member or friend to do so. Such critical pieces of evidence will be difficult or impossible to obtain once the accident scene is cleared out.
- Seek and obtain prompt medical attention and treatment for your injuries.
- Save all bills and receipts of expenses related to the accident and injury.
- Contact an experienced Los Angeles car accident attorney who will help you understand your legal rights and options.
Los Angeles Car Accident Statistics
Car accidents in Southern California specifically Los Angeles County, are inevitable and happen every single day.
- Over one million people die in road crashes each year.
- That's over 3,200 deaths per day.
- Approximately 1,600+ children under the age of 15 die every year.
- Over $230 Billion are spent on road crashes by the United States Government each year.
For more statistics for annual global road crashes, visit ASIRT (Association for Safe International Road Travel)
Hit and Runs are Prevalent in Los Angeles
The Los Angeles Police Department report over 20,000 hit and runs every year, ranging from minor car collisions to catastrophic accidents resulting in multiple fatalities.
If you have encountered a hit and run , file a police report at the scene of the accident, seek medical care and contact a Bisnar Chase hit and run lawyer.
If you did not suffer an injury in a car accident or if you escaped with scratches or relatively minor injuries that did not require you to go to the doctor or get hospitalized, you can probably handle the accident claim on your own by talking to your auto insurance company.
However, if you did suffer an injury that caused you to be hospitalized, seek physical therapy and miss workdays, then, you have a more complicated injury claim in your hands. It would be in your best interest to retain the services of a reputed car accident law firm that has a long and successful track record negotiating with insurance companies and handling injury cases that are similar to yours. Let the highly skill team of lawyers at Bisnar Chase be of assistance to you.
Why You Cannot Trust the Insurance Company
Here's something everyone needs to understand very clearly: The insurance company is not your friend. You cannot trust them to do what's in your best interest. And that's because they are for-profit corporations that are only concerned about one thing – profits.
One of the ways in which insurance companies make sure their bottom line is secure is by denying claims, even when they are valid and justified. This is why it is not a good idea for injured victims -- who are already in a vulnerable position because of their present condition and recent traumatic experience – to stand alone against a multi-billion-dollar corporation that has defense lawyers on its beck and call, to protect its interests.
You need an advocate on your side, who will look out for your best interests. An experienced Los Angeles car accident lawyer can be that advocate who will not rest until you have been awarded just compensation for your losses. Let our skilled negotiating attorneys work on your behalf while you recover and regain your strength.
What is Your Los Angeles Car Accident Claim Worth?
The worth or value of your car accident or scooter accident claim will depend on the nature and extent of your injuries and the types of damages and losses you have sustained. The higher the damages and losses, the more your claim will be worth. Some of the elements that would determine the value of your claim include:
- Medical bills: This refers to any expenses you may have incurred in terms of emergency treatment, hospitalization, surgeries, cost of medication, medical equipment and rehabilitative therapy.
- Lost wages: If you lose income because you had to take days off work, then you can seek compensation for the wages you lost as you took time off to recover from your injuries.
- Loss of earning capacity: If you suffered a permanent injury or disability that prevents you from going back to your job or reduces your earning capacity, you can seek compensation for those losses that will include lost future income.
- Noneconomic damages: Seriously injured car accident victims suffer not only physical pain, but also mental anguish. A car accident is a traumatic event and it can take a toll on your body and emotions. Victims can also seek compensation from the at-fault parties for pain and suffering and emotional distress.
What Are the First Things I need to do After a Car Accident in LA?
Seeking proper medical attention immediately to ensure safety to your health and well-being, as well as documenting your injuries in association with the accident. If no documentation exists of your injuries in result of the accident, it never happened. Exchanging insurance, identification and contact information with everyone associated with the accident. Contacting a car accident attorney immediately to discuss the specifics of your injury case.
What Am I Entitled to if I Have Been in A Los Angeles Auto Accident?
Every car accident varies. What you are entitled to depends on the circumstances relating to the accident such as cases of reckless driving, to accidents involving intoxicated drivers, to premise liabilities that initially caused the wreck.
When compensation is awarded to the victim or victims, it can include an amount to cover medical expenses, property damage, pain and suffering, the loss of future income, loss of companionship, etc.
Some cases Bisnar Chase has closed have reached 7 and 8 figures.
What Happens if the Accident Was with Someone Who Has No Insurance?
Your policy should always have uninsured motorist coverage because if the other party has no assets and no coverage then there is no one to go after. You would want to do an asset search to find out if they own property or have income that you could perhaps go after in lieu of having auto coverage.
Consulting with an attorney is important because it will help you avoid any possible mistakes that could harm your case. Insurance companies only want your money and you need to protect yourself from losing the majority of your compensation and let an attorney fight for the maximum amount.
What is Your Experience in Handling Los Angeles Auto Accident Claims?
The law offices of Bisnar Chase has spent over 39 years representing plaintiffs injured in a car accident. We have the resources the experience and the tenacity to win some of the toughest cases. Every attorney at Bisnar Chase is a trial lawyer and you can be assured your case will not be handed off to some other firm when the going gets tough.
What if No Other Car was Involved in the Accident, But it Wasn't My Fault?
There can be several factors when considering an accident including a victim only, such as premise liability, negligence, wrongdoing and many other reasons for the cause of your accident. Fortunately, Bisnar Chase never backs down from our clients fight and will continue to the end until we win, or you don't pay a cent.
Is it Okay if I Consult with Insurance Companies After an Auto Accident?
No. Insurance companies want to pay the least amount of money they can for a claim and will advise you in the opposite direction of what will benefit you. And attorney will be sure to make sure you receive maximum compensation and the insurance companies know that so they will tend to persuade you not to hire an attorney. You have to remember the insurance company is for profit and not your friend.
What Do I Need to Bring to My Initial Consultation?
Bring as much evidence with you as you can because the more you can tell and show your attorney the better he will be able to understand the circumstances of your case. Typically, you'll want to have pictures of the accident witness reports and a police report for an initial consultation. If you don't have all of those items just tell your attorney as much as you can.
The first step for Los Angeles car accident victims would be to call our law firm. We always offer free initial consultations where you will get an opportunity to discuss your case with us. You will receive a comprehensive evaluation and sense of what the process entails and how long it would take. You can get an idea of how the process works by using our interactive car accident case time-line tool.
If you choose to retain us, we will file a lawsuit on your behalf against one or more defendants, depending on the circumstances of your case. We pride ourselves in providing our clients with a superior level of customer service by keeping them posted about the status of their case and keeping them informed every step of the way.
Don't Pay Anything Until We Win Your Los Angeles Injury Case
We offer a no-win, no-fee guarantee to our clients. This means that you don't pay any fees or costs until we win or settle the case for you. If you don't get paid, we don't get paid.
Our experienced and knowledgeable Los Angeles car accident attorneys are here to ensure that you receive fair and full compensation for your losses. We have an impeccable record when it comes to fighting insurance companies and protecting our clients' rights. We will not allow insurance companies or anyone else to take advantage of your vulnerability. Our lawyers also specialize in a multitude of practice areas. If you are unable to come to us because of your injuries, we will come to you.
For immediate assistance, call us at (323) 238-4683 for a no-cost, no-obligation consultation and a comprehensive case evaluation.