California Head-On Car Accident Attorney
The experienced Head-On Collision Attorneys at Bisnar Chase help victims of California car accidents seek and obtain maximum compensation for their losses. We have decades of experience and a successful track record when it comes to fighting and winning against insurance companies who like to play hardball and deny our seriously injured clients the compensation they deserve.
We also offer a no-win no-fee guarantee to our clients, which means that you pay no fees or costs until we recover compensation for you.
If you have suffered a loss or been injured in a head-on collision please call now for a free consultation at (800) 561-4887 with one of our experienced California car accident lawyers.
If You Have Been Injured in a Head-On Collision
Head-on collisions are almost always caused by the negligence of another motorist, such as a wrong-way driver who is impaired, a motorist who was looking at his or her phone or a fatigued driver who falls asleep at the wheel. Regardless of the cause, injured victims or families of deceased victims in such cases would be well advised to understand their legal rights and options.
There are a number of steps you can take to protect your rights if you have been injured in a head-on collision:
- Make sure you file a police report and obtain a copy of the report for your records.
- Gather as much evidence as possible from the scene including photographs of the vehicles, your injuries, contact information for eyewitnesses and pertinent information from other parties that were involved in the collision.
- If you are unable to do so, it would be a good idea to have a friend or a family member gather these important pieces of evidence for you. Seek and obtain medical attention, treatment and care right away.
- Follow the doctor's advice with regard to continuing treatment and care. Save all receipts and invoices relating to your accident and injuries.
- Contact experienced head-on car accident lawyers who will remain on your side, fight for your rights and help you secure maximum compensation for your injuries, damages and losses. To reach an experienced car accident lawyer please call us toll free at (800)-561-4887.
Some of Our Car Collision Case Results:
- $8,500,000.00 - Motor vehicle accident - wrongful death
- $2,432,250.00 - Motor vehicle accident
- $2,360,000.00 - Wrongful death, commercial vehicle - motor vehicle accident
Head-on collisions can result in catastrophic injuries. According to statistics from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), even though head-on accidents represent only 2 percent of all traffic accidents, they account for more than 10 percent of traffic accident fatalities. Head-on crashes can result in serious injuries or fatalities even at slower speeds.
Common Causes of Head-On Collisions
- Driving under the influence: This is one of the most common reasons why drivers veer or drift into opposing lanes of traffic and cause a head-on collision. In fact, driver impairment causes most head-on crashes. This is because intoxicated drivers have impaired reflexes and poor judgment when it comes to assessing distance and direction. A majority of head-on crashes that involve impaired drivers tend to be wrong-way crashes.
- Drowsy driving: Long-haul truck drivers, night shift employees and other sleep-deprived drivers can be fatigued while driving. A driver who hasn't had sufficient sleep or rest is more likely to fall asleep at the wheel and drift into opposing lanes of traffic. These types of crashes can have devastating consequences.
- Cell phone use: Talking on a cell phone, texting while driving or checking e-mail or social media are all examples of distracted driving that could lead to a head-on collision. It only takes a few seconds of the driver taking his or her eyes off the road to cause a devastating head-on collision. Other examples of driver distractions include, eating, drinking, reading, checking the GPS, fiddling with temperature controls or the radio, grooming, applying makeup, etc.
- Faulty traffic signals: When traffic signals at street intersections fail to work as they should, they could cause head-on collisions as well as broadside crashes.
- Senior drivers: Recently, older drivers who are confused or disoriented have caused catastrophic head-on collisions by traveling the wrong way on the highway or by exiting on entrance ramps.
- Excessive speed: When drivers operate at a speed that is above the posted limit or when they travel at a speed that is unsafe given the traffic, roadway, or weather conditions, there is a higher likelihood that they will lose control of their vehicles and veer into opposing lanes of traffic.
- Vehicle defect: Sometimes, a vehicle defect that triggers a mechanical malfunction could also cause a driver to lose control and crash head-on into an oncoming vehicle.
What is Your Head-On Vehicle Crash Claim Worth?
If you have suffered serious injuries in a head-on collision that causes you to seek emergency treatment, hospitalization and continuing rehabilitative care, your claim will be worth a lot more than if you had simply suffered a few scrapes and bruises.
Victims of head-on car accidents can seek compensation for damages including:
- Emergency transportation and treatment costs
- Hospitalization costs
- Expenses relating to surgery
- Cost of rehabilitative treatment and therapy
- Lost wages
- Permanent injuries such as scarring or disfigurement
- Lost future income or loss of livelihood
- Loss of life's enjoyment
- Loss of consortium
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress or mental anguish
Please call 1(800)561-4887 for a free consultation with an experienced and compassionate lawyer today.
Bisnar Chase Personal Injury Attorneys 1301 Dove St. #120 Newport Beach, CA 92660
Other Service Locations for Car Accidents