Buena Park Car Accident Lawyer
The Buena Park Car Accident Lawyers of Bisnar Chase have been helping victims of motor vehicle collisions get back on their feet for over 40 years. Being involved in a car crash is terrifying and speaking to insurance companies can be nerve-wrecking.
Our dedicated team of legal experts will inform you of what is happening with your claim each step of the way. Bisnar Chase's Buena Park accident attorneys have handled and won the most complicated of car accident cases. Our personal injury lawyers have won over $500 million dollars in compensation for our clients including some in the 90620 area.
If you or a loved one has experienced a serious personal injury in a Buena Park car crash contact the Law Firm of Bisnar Chase.
When you call our law offices at 949-203-3814 you will receive a free consultation on your motor vehicle accident case.
Car Accidents Happen Often in Buena Park
Motor vehicle collisions are a frequent re-occurrence in this Orange County city. City-data.com reported that in one year, 16 people were killed in a car accident. One incident that took place that cost a person their life involved three vehicles colliding on the Buena Park I-5 freeway.
Experts say that motor vehicle incidents, most of the time can be prevented. If motorists abide by the rules of the road by eliminating cell-phone usage while driving and operating a vehicle without being under the influence they can decrease their chances of being involved in a car wreck.
In California, if you are found driving recklessly you can face heavy jail time and also expensive citations. The CVC 23152(b) states that " It is unlawful for a person who has 0.08 percent or more, by weight, of alcohol in his or her blood to drive a vehicle."
5 Steps to Take After a Motor Vehicle Wreck
Millions of car accidents take place in the United States every year. Motor vehicle accidents can lead many to suffer from major injuries, property damage and some may fall victim to a wrongful death. After a car crash, there are immediate measures you can take to ensure that you are physically and legally protected.
- Pullover to the side of the road if possible: After an accident, you may be in a situation where you are on a freeway or busy street. Make sure to safely pull over to the side, away from incoming traffic. This will not only keep both parties safe, but this will also give you an opportunity to contact the local authorities and begin collecting each other's information.
- Call the police: Even if you do not have any catastrophic or life-threatening injuries it is still best to call the police. When the authorities arrive you can file a police report that you can later provide your insurance company with. Experts say to leave the vehicles in the same area as well. You do not want to add further damage to your car.
- Exchange information: When the scene is cleared or while both parties involved in the accident are waiting for the authorities to arrive, this can be the time to start exchange information such as the other driver's license number, license plate, insurance company and policy. You also want to take photos of your car and the other driver's car so you may provide this as evidence to your insurance company.
- Contact your insurance company: To cover the costs of your injuries and the property damage involved, you need to call your insurance company and file an accident claim. From there the insurance company will handle your claim by negotiating with the other parties insurance company. You will be contacted after with more information on how much you can receive for your collision.
- Seek legal representation for your claim if needed: At times insurance companies can take a long time to proceed with your claim and may even not negotiate the amount you need to recover from your injuries. At the law firm of Bisnar Chase, we believe that you do not have to settle for the minimum amount of compensation. For over four decades our legal experts have been fighting the biggest insurance companies and winning our clients the recovery they deserve. Contact our Buena Park car accident lawyers today for a free consultation.
Personal Injury Lawyer John Bisnar speaks on how much you can be compensated.
What Are Buena Park Car Crash Victims Entitled To?
If you get into an accident, a car accident attorney can fully advise you of all your rights. Regrettably, many accident victims are under the false impression that they are only entitled to the basic right of reimbursement for medical costs, or having their vehicle repaired.
Fortunately, car accident victims are entitled to far more. They can seek reimbursement for lost wages, even if they have used sick time. They may also recover any monies while their vehicle is being repaired or replaced. If the injuries are severe, you may be entitled to pain and suffering damages.
Do not use an online calculator to estimate the amount you might receive for your personal injury settlement. You can either be underestimating or overestimating the amount you will receive in compensation. There are many other damages that a car accident victim can claim that many may not know about. One primary loss that a victim can claim is pain and suffering.
Pain and suffering does not have a dollar amount attached to it. In fact, this can be one of the most difficult losses to prove, but when you meet with an experienced Buena Park car accident attorney, they can convince the jury that you are experiencing this. Emotional pain and suffering can be determined through several methods which include documentation of prescription payments, counseling sessions or testimonies from close friends and family of the car accident victim. If you feel as though you have become emotionally distraught from your vehicle collision and are unable to do daily tasks or perform up to par at work speak to a car accident lawyer in Buena Park to explore your legal options.
Insurance Companies May Not be Looking Out for You
The first entity that you might turn to after a car crash maybe your insurance company. While this may be protocol this may not be beneficial to you later on in claims process. Even though you pay monthly for a certain insurance policy and may be told by the company that you are protected in an accident, this is not always the case. Obtaining a certain insurance policy doesn't always guarantee you the compensation you need after your motor vehicle collision.
With so many rights available to you, it makes no sense to give them up by trying to handle things yourself, or to let the insurance companies "fight it out."
Insurance companies, even your own, have no obligation to look out for your interests as an accident victim; their goal is to keep compensation amounts to an absolute minimum. The cold truth is that insurance company adjusters, investigators, and attorneys assigned to a car accident are looking out for the insurance company, not you.
Ways in which insurance adjusters can cheat you out of the finances you need can be denying any sort of coverage, they may claim that you were liable for the incident, slow down the process or they may give you a really low settlement offer.
Taking on the process of filing a car accident claim can be complex and stressful. A car crash attorney can be a strong advocate for you and your family and take the legal pressures off of you while you recover. Your lawyer will know how to maneuver through the legal process easily and have the resources to earn you the finances you need for the damages.
Your car accident lawyer can also help with:
- Communicating: An insurance company may make you feel as though you were to blame for the accident or that you are asking too much for your losses. A vehicle collision attorney can act as your voice and fight for what you would need to heal from the accident. They will be able to provide a substantial amount of evidence to prove and argue that you need the maximum compensation for your injuries.
- Investigating: A motor vehicle accident lawyer will know exactly was is necessary to prove your pain and suffering. Your legal expert can perform a thorough investigation which may include an accident reconstruction. Accident reconstruction involves your attorney hiring investigators to recreate the collision. The recreation of the incident can involve factors such as physics and engineering. This can provide the court with what precisely took place and what caused the accident.
- Negotiating: Most catastrophic car crashes go to court to negotiate a settlement. Many personal injury lawyers have not stepped in a courtroom for most of their career and may not know how to negotiate for you. Trial lawyer, Brian Chase has spent his entire career in the courtroom fighting for his clients and works day and night with his legal team to provide the best outcome for your car accident settlement.
Choose Our Buena Park Motor Vehicle Attorneys
The law firm of Bisnar Chase stands out not only by the number of wins we have obtained but how we treat our clients like family. Our mission statement states that we aim "To provide superior client representation in a compassionate and professional manner while making our world a safer place." Our team of experienced and hard working paralegals keep you updated on what is happening on your case frequently and if you have any questions regarding the process we are here for that too.
We also work on a contingency fee basis which means that if we do not win your case then you do not have to pay. For 40 years the personal injury attorneys of Bisnar Chase have fought and won millions of dollars in recovery for car accident victims.
If you are nearby the 90620 area and are seeking legal representation for your collision contact the Buena Park car accident lawyers at Bisnar Chase at 949-203-3814.
Upon your call, you will receive a free case analysis.